Monday 31 December 2007

End of My Year Review 2007


FILM


Kingdom of Heaven DEFINITIVE EDITION

The cinema version I saw back in May '05. I thought it was ok and then really forgot about it.
There was talk sometime later of a four disc directors cut which somewhat renewed my interest but when it appeared the price was laughably high. This November I saw it for an amazing price at hmv
in new packaging so I went for it. It's absolutely brilliant and not just because it has 40 minutes of extra footage, Ridley Scott has changed so much it seems like a different movie entirely.


Honourable Mention:

HairsprayTransformers & The Bourne Ultimatum


TELEVISION

Veronica Mars

I'm on the 3rd Box Set now and whilst a slight drop from the first two is still wonderful, I laughed joyfully at the opening teaser of the first episode because I'd forgotten just how brilliant it is.

Honourable Mention:

The Wire


COMICBOOK

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8

Honourable Mention:

Justice Society of America, Criminal, Scalped, The Immortal Iron Fist


SOFTWARE

Comic Collector

My comics had lain undisturbed for so long in 5 long boxes, one bookshelf and in random piles but finally I bought a bookcase large enough to house most of it. Now that I could get to see the stuff again I wanted to have a program to database it on my PC. I tried the free Comic Collector Live but went with the superior Comic Collector after using the trial version.